Irlen Syndrome can cause a range of physical problems that people suffer without realising the cause or that life could be more comfortable and easier to deal with. Children and adults suffer in silence because no one asks them the relevant questions or understands what they are experiencing on a daily basis. Those with Irlen Syndrome think that everyone else experiences the same things.
They can experience or show any of the following:
- Headaches & Migraines
- Mood swings in certain environments, for example poor behaviour in supermarkets with fluorescent lighting.
- Sore, dry, red or watery eyes
- Strain and fatigue
- Stress from computers, reading and lighting
- Sensitivity to smells, sounds, tastes, textures and background noise
- A feeling of disorientation
Irlen Centres provide a simple, non-invasive and effective treatment through the use of coloured filters worn as glasses or contact lenses. They provide Comfort in Colour.